My daily journey to new dinner ideas.

I will blog here with my ideas and recipes for dinner on a daily basis. I will try to keep it new and interesting. This is my means of trying make my dinners ever-changing while trying to incorporate a healthy twist.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chicken Patty Parmigiana and Vermicelli

   I haven't been here for two days but I am back now.   Tonight I made another simple meal, I bought premade chicken patties at the store.  I deep fried the chicken patties to get a nice crispness to the coating they have.  I then took them and put them in a greased baking dish and piled mozzarella on top of them.  I let them sit for 5 minutes to cool, because I didn't want to risk over cooking them.
   At the same time I put on a pot of salted water on the stove to boil.  I also combined a jar of mushroom flavored spaghetti sauce and a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes in another pot and began it heating up.  Just before the pasta water reached a boil I put the chicken into a preheated 350 degree oven.  The pasta finished at the same time as the chicken and I began to plate it up.  As I said before this was a very simple meal, especially since I usually make chicken parm with fresh chicken breast, but did not have the time to prep it today.   Enjoy, and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment