My daily journey to new dinner ideas.

I will blog here with my ideas and recipes for dinner on a daily basis. I will try to keep it new and interesting. This is my means of trying make my dinners ever-changing while trying to incorporate a healthy twist.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pan-seared Pork Chops with Roasted New Potatoes

   Today I made a simple meal packed with lots of flavor.  The simple part is the pork chops, which I seasoned with salt and pepper and fried them in olive oil.  The new potatoes were a little more involved.  I quartered the potatoes, cut fresh green onions, fresh chives, and fresh shitake mushrooms.  I combined that with salt, pepper, thyme and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a plastic bag.  The bag made it easy to coat everything and mix it up.  I then placed the contents of the bag into an ungreased baking dish and placed it into a preheated 450 degree oven uncovered for 35 minutes.



   While the potatoes were cooking I cut more green onion, shitake mushrooms, and fresh tomatoes to go on top of the salad mix I bought.  I also put croutons on the salads and then put the dressing on.  I then heated oil in the frying pan then added the pork chops.  I cooked the chops for about 8 minutes on each side, making sure they were fully cooked and slightly browning them.  Tonight's meal was very simple to make, packed full of flavor and required very little prep work.

No comments:

Post a Comment